January marks the beginning of a new year, a fresh start, a clean slate. It's our chance to take a different angle at the way we approach the many aspects of our life, that will hopefully yield higher dividends than all years prior.
Whether in physical fitness, financial fitness, or resolve to be a better friend, neighbor, employee, wife, or mother, it will make a difference for you, one way or another.
Purging old habits and forging new ones is a challenge that some surrender to, and leave it to the dreamers to make any real headway in accomplishing the far fetched goal. But, with a little resolve, patience, commitment, and determination, I believe we can rid ourselves of destructive (or less productive) behaviors, little by little, until we master the art of what we've given our laser focus to.
There are a few women I know who emulate mastery at one thing that seems to evade me just so... parenting. So, my selection for the month also known as "New Year's Resolution" month, is a book recommended by one of these women: Children Learn What They Live by Dorothy Law Nolte.
For all women who fall somewhere between an A+ mother and a failing one, let's get together January 20th 8 p.m. at my home: 12561 Sondrio St. to discuss how we can help sculpt our children into future confident community contributors and individuals.
Plus, we can determine the rest of the year's hostesses and books. See you soon!
Founded December 2010, the Herriman Book Club Hub is for women of northwest Herriman, UT. At each monthly gathering we casually discuss the hostess’ book selection. We meet the 3rd Friday at 8 p.m.. (no club in July) All material strays from highly explicit, violent, or otherwise offensive content. Although topics may touch on personal beliefs, the group, as a whole, is not affiliated with any religious or political party. Our intention is to enjoy an evening of fun and friendship. Join us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There's only one copy of this in the public library system? And I'm hold number 3... so I don't know if I'll get it in time. Does anyone have it that I can borrow?
ReplyDeleteI actually have that library copy... I'll return it tomorrow or the next day, I think Jen P is next on the waiting list, and I'm sure #2 is from our book club too... I need to go buy a copy... if I get it soon, you can borrow it, I'll let you know.
ReplyDelete