Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Guilt is Crushing Me!

Logistically, it doesn't take that much time to update a blog, send out text reminders, or ask for hostesses and book selections, but mentally it's taking a toll.  I'm stuck under the weight of guilt knowing I haven't posted the latest updates, or even the next book when club is only a week away!  Losing sleep over letting everyone down, or not keeping up on this book club like I envisioned in the first place is too much too handle.  The generous hostesses have cut out their night and I can't even remind everyone to come, so three people show up?!  It's my fault, and I don't like that. So, I've come to a fork in the road.  :(

In conversation with Jamie Melrose and Lissa Lowry (the two next scheduled hostesses), we're shifting gears.  This blog will evaporate into cyberspace, and in its place, we'll have a game night group (not Bunco or any game with prizes) on facebook.  That way, all of you can see who else is in the group, the hostess can update the members on what's coming up, and we can leave posts for each other in the interim just because we can!    Women are welcome to leave the group at any time, and add local friends anytime too.  I won't need to send e-mails or text messages, and try to keep up on who's moved in and out of the area.

September 2013 through August 2014 (excluding July) is open for hostesses!  My idea is that we have hostesses selected for the next 12 months every September.  What do you think?!  Are you ready to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment